Saturday, January 3, 2009

Our Holiday....

We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. I hope all of you did also. My kids were so excited to have Santa come, except for Afton. She wanted nothing to do with him. At our ward Christmas party I tried everything to get her to sit on his lap, and she would say "No mama!" quite loudly I might say. She is a pretty stubborn girl, so when she sets her mind to something she usually won't budge.

When we came home from the party, she found out Santa actually gives treats. So she looks up at me and says "Mom I sit on Santa's lap and then get a treat!" After she found out sugar was involved she wanted to see Santa. Yeah right, tried that and it didn't work, maybe next year....

My kids were all excited about what they received this year. We didn't do as much as we have in the past and they didn't mind a bit. They all got one or two movies, and other things ,and the hit this year was believe it or not......HAIRSPRAY!!



Hailee and Tessa sing and dance to the movie, I think we have watched it a dozen times since Christmas. Even Afton will get up and dance. They are so cute:)

I love this time of year, and was so glad we had snow on Christmas, even though it has now pretty much melted. I love to see my kids and husband happy, and that's exactly what happened. We also have a tradition on New Year's day if the kids are good between Christmas and New Year's the elf Johnny Green comes and leaves one last gift. They were good and they were excited to get new sleds. Now we have to wait for some more snow! We were quite blessed this year, and I hope all of you were also. If you don't know, Tracy and I are adding to our kid clan, and we will be having a baby in July. My due date is July 4th. We are excited and nervous at the same time. That is one reason I haven't blogged as much as I have wanted....I haven't been feeling too well. Anyway, I'll be quiet and add some pics of Christmas!


10 comments:

Joslin said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting about your baby due in july! You can send your girls over ANYTIME when you need to take a rest, Addy and I would be more than glad to have them over!

Tammy said...

I am so excoted for you guys to have another little one to add to your bunch. It sounds like you had a great Christmas. Our was fun too. I need to get with it and get my blog updated!

Harris Happenings said...

We want to see pics of the famous Barbie house.

Kathy said...

Jilly Bean- Congratulations on the baby! I am so happy for you and Tracy! Sorry that you are sick and feeling yucky- it's worth it though- keep telling yourself that!
Love you tons,
Kathy

Harris Happenings said...

Thanks for posting the barbie house--I can see why the girls love it so much, very cute!

Jordan and Barbara said...

Looks like you had a great christmas. Bet you cant wait to get back in the swing of things. Mostly gymnastics Im sure.

RyanandHailee said...

So Fun! So glad you guys had a great holiday! We sure missed you guys... :( Can't wait to see you again. Give all the girls a kiss for us! They are getting so big! Love you guys!

Becky said...

Yay, I found you guys, love the blog!

crystal said...

Holy cow I can't believe that you didn't tell me you were expecting on the phone last night. You are in trouble. I am so excited for you!!! Do you know what you are having?

Unknown said...

Regan got that exact dollhouse for Christmas and loves it.