Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lost Tooth....


So Hailee has been wanting to lose a tooth so bad for so long. Last year in Kindergarten she would come home and tell me what friends had a loose tooth. She would keep tabs on them and let me know when they would lose the "tooth". But poor Hailee didn't have a loose tooth or one even close to becoming loose. Every night before bed she would say, "Mom would you please check to see if any of my teeth are loose yet?" and that became our nightly ritual for about 9mo. Then finally she had a loose tooth, oh but wait....she has 3 loose teeth at once! And was she ever excited, so for about 2 or 3 more months she would wiggle and play with her teeth constantly. It actually became annoying because she always had her fingers in her mouth. About 2 wks ago right after school started I decided I was going to pull out the tooth. The funny thing is the tooth that was really loose was her top front one, not the bottom. Doesn't make sense in the dental professional world, but really what in my life makes sense! Ha! Back to the story.. I pulled and grabbed and she wouldn't let me pull it out. so I told her while we were camping over Labor Day it was coming out. Long story short her wonderful Aunt JoRae decided she would take on the duty of being the dentist and yank that tooth right out.. and she did! Thank you JoRae for finally getting that stinking tooth out! Now Hailee feels like she fits in more so at school because she has lost a tooth. Boy she has no idea that there are harder things in life than not loosing a tooth. She makes me smile....

1 comment:

Jordan and Barbara said...

She looks cute. Its about time.