Sunday, September 21, 2008

WE DID IT!!!

I had so much fun this last week with my two sisters coming to Idaho to visit the Nebeker clan...Kim has 1 daughter and JoRae has 2 girls. So you can imagine what my house was like with 6 girls running around screaming and having so much fun! Poor Tracy was so outnumbered. Maybe that's why we didn't see much of him all weekend. I do have to say thanks to Tracy for staying home with all of the girls 6 and under so me and my sisters could go out to the movies. What a great guy! Olivia only got out of her bed 6 times (Jo, Tracy didn't tell us the whole truth...Ha!), and was high on Lora tab. Poor girl had her tonsils out right before she came. Saturday, Kim and I ran the Rim to Rim. It was a 7.5 mile run and pretty intense in parts. The first 2 miles was straight uphill on a steep grade, and then at the end it was uphill again:/ It was challenging, but so worth it! They provided us a great lunch afterwards, and the best part was our family waiting for us to finish! Running is such a stress reliever for me. I do enjoy it other than the shin splints that linger with me all of the time. My goal is to run a half marathon and then who knows...baby steps..I am so glad Kim ran it with me and we actually did it!!

This is the bridge between the two rims..beautiful!

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Congratulations Jilly, I am so proud of you! I really don't like to run, but it seems to be the new thing to do....I am not one for peer pressure, so I guess that mean I can't take it up!
Kathy

Martine said...

You guys are awesome for finishing your run. I admire anyone who can run because I can't. How fun to have your sisters come visit. Sisters are so fun aren't they? Congrats!

Harris Happenings said...

Way to go! Run, Jill, run! I set my goals a little lower than you. My goal would be to watch a 7.5 mile race.

Jordan and Barbara said...

You are my hero. I hope I can be like you someday

Kim said...

The pictures are great. That was an awesome run! Thanks for having us up there, we had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Jill, I am so stinkin proud of you, that is so awesome of you to achieve that kind of goal! I "heart" your blog too. Have a great day. Lori

Jenn said...

I'm a litte jealous. Maybe one day we'll all do it together. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill I tagged you again! Check out my blog Lori

Brian Adair Fam said...

Jill! I just found your blog on Kandra's blog. I'm so happy that you have a blog! That's so awesome that you ran the Rim to Rim. Some friends of mine and I were going to do it also, but some other things came up and we weren't able to make it. It would have been so fun to see you there! I love all the pictures of the girls, also. So fun!!